Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mexican Wedding Cookies

I recently made something that I haven't made in nearly 2 decades!
Much too long isn't it? 
 Mexican Wedding Cookies bring back wonderful memories of festive parties when I was a kid growing up in Los Angeles. 

Easy ingredients and a cinch to put together!!
  
 Mexican Wedding Cookies
325* oven
1 cup butter~ room temperature
1/2 cup regular sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup (or more for dusting)

Cream together butter and sugar until mixed together well. 
Add extract and mix well. 
In seperate bowl combing nuts and flour and mix in to butter/sugar mixture. 
The dough will be very dry and not stick together like ordinary cookie dough. 
Roll into walnut sized balls and place on cookie sheet. 
Bake for 15-20 minutes until nice and golden brown on the bottom.  
I found about 17-18 minutes was just about right. 

When cool, roll in powdered sugar.  Make sure you don't roll them while still hot or the cookies will sweat and the powdered sugar coating will get soggy.  Ask me how I know!



No comments:

Post a Comment