Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Morning Routine

Do you have a morning routine? 
 I've been using my morning routine faithfully every day for about 3 months now (I did also previously but moreso since our big move) and am so glad I did! Every day I do these 9 things and it really helps my day go much smoother. 
(left to right and top to bottom)

1.  It's so much easier to want to stay in PJ's all the morning but getting dressed really
does make me more industrious and gives me purpose. 
Staying in PJ's allows my mind to think I can lounge around!  

2.  Make my bed when I get up (or when hubby gets up).  My bedroom is pretty near clutter free and this just gives the bedroom a put together look.  Besides, I love getting in a crisply clean made bed every night and have loved it even since I was a kid! 

3.  Empty all Trash Cans.  It just takes a minute!

4.  Shine my Sink.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sink, and I have to admit that because it's porcelain and beautiful give me more motivation than if it was aluminum like the majority of sinks I've had in places we've lived before.  Every night before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning I wash the dishes in the sink and make sure there are no crumbs in it.  When neccesary I scrub it out.  This only takes a minute or two as well. 

5.  Start a load of laundry.  I don't know HOW in the world 2 people can do so much laundry but we do!  It might take me all day to move it to the dryer and then to fold it but I make sure to get it done on the same day so I don't fall behind.  Laundry piling up is so frustrating!

6.  Clean my Kitchen Floors.  I don't do this every day but since it needs to be done so frequently I put it on my morning routine list.  Sometimes I just spot clean it and sometimes I clean it thoroughly since it looks so white when it's nice and clean.   It takes maybe 5 minutes to sweep and mop. 

7.  Swish and Swipe the Bathroom.  Swishing and swiping is a quick wipe down of the bathroom to get it ready for guests and it only takes a minute.  I clean any streaks on the mirrors with windex and I give the counters a quick wipe down.  I also swish inside the toilet bowl and the entire outside of the toilet bowl.  I usually do it just before I jump into the shower. 

8.  Breakfast.  Every day I try and make a great breakfast for my hubby and I.  Whether it be breakfast burritos or French Toast, Ham and Eggs we enjoy the time spent together sitting together as a family. 

9.  What's for dinner?  This really is done the night before but having it on my daily morning routine reminds me every morning what we are having and to do any prep if needed.   


What about you?  Do you have a morning routine?  I'd love to hear about it! 

My Crazy Beautiful Life

15 comments:

  1. I've been on Flylady for a few years now. I'm still working on getting my routines down. I work fulltime and have ADD/depression. However, I don't want to use either as an excuse, but rather a reason to get organized. It helps my depression when my home is uncluttered and clean. It helps me be more focused when clothes are ready for work and when I know where things are like my keys,or the remote for the tv, etc. People who have ADD tend to put things away mindlessly and forget where they are. So routines and habits are really important to us. Thanks for your blog. Love the way you did your page. I will be reading more of it. I don't know how I found it, but glad I did! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a first time visitor to your blog. I love routine and yours sounds just right! I think it makes the whole day go better if you know what to do each morning. I came here from Claudia's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your visit Trish! I love how you said that you can use an excuse or as a reason to get organized. Very true! Please drop by again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flylady has helped me SO MUCH over the past many years. The basic routines are STUCK in my mind and I can do them without any planning now. Doesn't mean anything is finished, totally organized or done but I now have no cranky resentment because I do it all. I am grateful that I can clean and keep the laundry up and the stuff of life fairly organized. I am never 'finished' but I don't have that panic feeling about never catching up. I LOVE Flylady
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Joy for stopping by! I've went to you blog and asked you a question about chalk paint and I hope you are able to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your morning routine sounds like it is working out well for you! I'm familiar with the flylady site - she gives such valuable information!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Claudia for stopping by and for the link up as well! Looking at your profile and blogs I see you have a photog blog too! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lil, my friend used to read Flylady all the time and often shared things with me from there. I enjoyed them. Sounds like your organized plan has things running smoothly. It's always fun to hear how others keep their routines productive and their homes nice and clean!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for stopping by Liz! I really appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lil! First, Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your routine. I try to have a routine but when you throw moving in the mix it all goes out the window.

    Denyse @ Crazy Beautiful Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by Denyse!

    I so understand about the moving and how it throws a wrench into the gears of everyday living!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love routine, Lil, and find it very comforting. I can't leave my house if my bed's not made and the kitchen sink isn't empty of dirty dishes. And I, too, have a porcelain sink that I love to keep shiny white. (Although I *do* like to stay in my nightdress on days when I don't have to leave the house in the winter.... but I still get a lot done!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so nice to be organized, isn't it Haworth? Yay for shiny sinks and routines!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Flylady! Ive been on and off for years! I wish I had my routines down like this! I work out of the house and just cant seem to get it all together in the morning. But I keep plugging along. You are inspiration! PS... I say the SAME thing about how laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by Bobbie! I find even if I simply do my morning routine the day goes by much smoother!

    I visited your blog too~ love your Psalm on the wall!

    ReplyDelete