Do you have a morning routine?
I've been using my morning routine faithfully every day for about 3 months now (I did also previously but moreso since our big move) and am so glad I did! Every day I do these 9 things and it really helps my day go much smoother.
(left to right and top to bottom)
1. It's so much easier to want to stay in PJ's all the morning but getting dressed really
does make me more industrious and gives me purpose.
Staying in PJ's allows my mind to think I can lounge around!
2. Make my bed when I get up (or when hubby gets up). My bedroom is pretty near clutter free and this just gives the bedroom a put together look. Besides, I love getting in a crisply clean made bed every night and have loved it even since I was a kid!
3. Empty all Trash Cans. It just takes a minute!
4. Shine my Sink. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sink, and I have to admit that because it's porcelain and beautiful give me more motivation than if it was aluminum like the majority of sinks I've had in places we've lived before. Every night before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning I wash the dishes in the sink and make sure there are no crumbs in it. When neccesary I scrub it out. This only takes a minute or two as well.
5. Start a load of laundry. I don't know HOW in the world 2 people can do so much laundry but we do! It might take me all day to move it to the dryer and then to fold it but I make sure to get it done on the same day so I don't fall behind. Laundry piling up is so frustrating!
6. Clean my Kitchen Floors. I don't do this every day but since it needs to be done so frequently I put it on my morning routine list. Sometimes I just spot clean it and sometimes I clean it thoroughly since it looks so white when it's nice and clean. It takes maybe 5 minutes to sweep and mop.
7. Swish and Swipe the Bathroom. Swishing and swiping is a quick wipe down of the bathroom to get it ready for guests and it only takes a minute. I clean any streaks on the mirrors with windex and I give the counters a quick wipe down. I also swish inside the toilet bowl and the entire outside of the toilet bowl. I usually do it just before I jump into the shower.
8. Breakfast. Every day I try and make a great breakfast for my hubby and I. Whether it be breakfast burritos or French Toast, Ham and Eggs we enjoy the time spent together sitting together as a family.
9. What's for dinner? This really is done the night before but having it on my daily morning routine reminds me every morning what we are having and to do any prep if needed.
What about you? Do you have a morning routine? I'd love to hear about it!