Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Breath of Life

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

What strikes me most about this scripture is man's dependance on the Lord.
Without Him we have no breath.
No life.
Nothing.
Nada.
Without Him we are just a lump of clay.
Dirt.
That can be quite a humiliating thought... that we are like that dirt without Him.
But it's true.
Lifeless and formless.
How eye opening!
When God breathed his breath of life into our nostrils we became a living soul.
Praise the Lord!

Every Day.
Every Hour.
We need Him for every breath we take!
God, Every second and every breath you allow me to breath the breath of life.
Each and every breath you allow my lungs to expand and deflate!
My life is a gift from you and I want to be thankful for every inhalation and exhalation.

God, help me to not be dependant on my own works and accomplishments.
Your breath of life in my nostrils is so valuable.
Help me to live every moment to the fullest and give glory to you.

4 comments:

  1. Amen!! Every day we live, every breath we breathe truly is an undeserved gift from God!! He is so good & deserves all of our praise! <3

    Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving such a sweet comment on my flower pen tutorial! I wanted to send you an email reply but you have your settings set as a "no-reply" blogger (you can change that in your settings if you'd like), so I thought I'd just stop by to visit your blog! ;)

    It really made me smile to hear that you were originally inspired to make a pen bouquet after seeing one in a bank ... I made a bright cheery gerber daisy pen bouquet for a dear family friend that's a loan officer. She uses it on her desk at the bank! You don't happen to live in Iowa do you? Haha! ;) ... I loved that you were inspired by seeing one on a bank desk (as my banker friend keeps the gift of a pen bouquet I made her on her desk at the bank where she works), and that you then remembered when seeing my post today! :) They are really fun to make & lovely to have! Hope you have fun creating and using your own soon!

    Thanks for stopping by today! I enjoyed hearing from you!
    Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. And I was listening to a song today that declared that I want to live a life well lived as a gift back to the Giver of Life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you say is so true Brenda! Thank you so much for stopping by! I WILL make one of those sweet flower pen arrangements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Carol for stopping by and leaving a comment! Sounds like a great song!

    ReplyDelete