Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Abounding in Hope

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.  -Romans 15:13

I love that the God promises His children joy and peace!  As His children we are to abound in hope, joy and peace even in the midst of difficult circumstances. In the Greek, one of the defnitions of hope is  'joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation'  And the word 'fill' in the Greek is 'abound, liberally supplied, to make complete in every particular, to render perfect, to carry through to the end, to accomplish, carry out,

His Joy and peace is LIBERALLY SUPPLIED and ACCOMPLISHED in the hearts of believing saints! 

But I love that this power is NOT in our own power because I can't do it on my own!   I can't even begin to drum it up and I cannot counterfeit the hope that is from the Holy Spirit. 
 It comes from God and God alone!

2 comments:

  1. I was reading through Galatians 5 and 6 this morning and was reminded that, on our own, we'll only gratify the desires of our sinful nature. But with the power of Holy Spirit, we can enjoy the fruits of the spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Boy do I need all those things! Thanks for sharing your heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aint that a fact Susan! You've succinctly said it and I thank you! So glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete