Saturday, May 11, 2013

DIY~ Easy Drawer Organizer

Some might cringe at this and some might say it's most awesome!  ha!  I say it's most awesome!  
DIY~  Drawer Organizer/Seperator
I love super streamlined drawer organizers from places like bed, bath and beyond... but the price is something I'm not too fond of.  I love me some youtubers that have serious money to organize and arrange every inch of their home~ but I can't bring myself to splurge like that.  ;)  

So I did a happy dance when I realized I could use the bottom of those milk jugs and juice bottles for organizing my drawer space. 

 Best of all~  it didn't cost a dime since I had everything and recycled!  Yay for recycling! 

I save my plastic gallon jugs since I make my own laundry detergent, homemade cleaners and like to use them for cleaning supply storage.  I've made scoops with the top and thrown the bottoms away... until recently... when I had an a-ha moment and used the jug bottoms for drawer organizers.  

I should have cut out all of my jugs like this~  but of course I eye~balled it and they are different heights and very crooked!    ;)  Next time I will heed my own advice! 
DIY~  Drawer Organizer/Seperator
DIY~  Drawer Organizer/Seperator
I found some non slippy stuff in my drawers so I cut out some and hot glued it to the bottom of the jugs to avoid slippage when the drawer is opened.
DIY~  Drawer Organizer/Seperator
DIY~  Drawer Organizer/Seperator
Voila~!  My much neater and more organized drawer! 
DIY~  Drawer Organizer/Seperator
Use the other half to make scoops for the sandbox, flour, potting soil, dog food or whatever your hearts desires!  
A Favorite Thing at Mockingbird Hill Lane Cottage

Women Living Well Monthly Link Up  

10 comments:

  1. This is a great idea and it's keeping them out of the landfill...so I say win win! I'll have to remember this...:) Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the frugality of this idea but they are so ugly! (Sorry). So I wonder if you could use fabric glue and glue scraps of fabric or maybe if you have some dish towels that are about done? Maybe the dollar store place mats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand where you're coming from Kim! Personally I like them being plastic since they are easy to clean. Not sure how well fabric would adhere to them but I'm sure it could be done with boxes and the like. I know it's not the pretties but I do love my freebies!

      Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I appreciate that!

      Delete
  3. Very clever! I've never thought of doing that. I have used boxes to help organize things for years. It's not pretty but it's cheap and functional, lol!

    Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah~ anything is better than stuff just thrown in the drawer like it was before! ;/ lol

      Delete
  4. So smart! I loved this idea--I pinned it and featured it!

    Thanks so much for joining Grace at Home! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete